Thursday, August 8, 2013

PAIN & GAIN :: A REVIEW

Michael Bay has been working to make Pain & Gain his entire life and it's taken a lot of shit to get through, dragging us along with him.

When I first heard about the premise, then saw the trailer I got unusually expectations for the film. Now after seeing it, it has met all of them and then some. I was grinning and laughing so much except for when Bay does his usual schtick of mood whiplash where it's generally horrifying/disturbing.

Daniel Lugo is one of the new scariest cinema villains, Dwayne Johnson's performance is great; his character tragically fascinating. The music.... christ, the music... I need to buy that shit.

I guarantee that all of Bay's future work won't even match the brilliance this film has shown. This genre is what he's meant for.

Pain & Gain is one of the best films of the year, and one of my all time favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment